Monday 25 January 2010

Ginger Prince Omnibus

Following in the footsteps of other (great) dramas today I am writing my first omnibus edition blog. This is due to the fact I have been in deepest Perthshire for the past few days, where internet access is about as easy to come by as a pair of cycling legs for me.

Plus points of Perthshire were quiet roads for running and cycling, stunning scenery for inspiration and, at the hotel we were at, the Ardeonig, beautiful food, accommodation and top whiskey and wine.

Training over the days away was mainly running, a 45 min hilly effort with bro and his girlfried from Rhu to Helensburgh on Thursday and another hilly one (60 mins) along Loch Tay early doors on Friday.
Part of the weekend was spent in Aberfeldy and Kenmore , where I recreated the Aberfeldy Half Ironman highlights of last year for Bro, Girlfriend and Parents. Those highlights being me missing the swim start, mainly due to a fuzzy head after the previous nights champagne and
donner kebab combination, Chris Hays dishevelled finish to the Bike Leg and Brian Forbes vomiting for most of the afternoon after his run.

Back home on Saturday, an hour on the turbo, not exciting, some shit programme about dancing, though Cat Deeley was looking good.

Sunday was a short lived turbo and a 30 min easy run to round off a fun week. Better get some swimming in next week or I'm going to be getting even more hammered than I am at the moment.

Post-walk ankle injury, only way to fix it- Aberfeldy whiskey!!!

I have acquired a Garmin forerunner from a generous club member. I've started to work out how to use it and will start to add maps and stuff to blog once software is installed. Some will be shocked to hear my heart rate hit 184! on Thursdays run.

2 comments:

  1. 184bpm - that's more like it mate. Told you that old HR monitor was a peice of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only hit 184 cos SJ was kicking his ass up the hill!!!!!

    ReplyDelete