Monday 4 January 2010

2nd + 3rd January 2010




pretty boring training to report. 2nd was an hour on the turbo watching vintage Worlds Strongest Man- the days of Geoff Capes and John Pall Sigmarsson. They were in New Zealand and got all the traditional ceremonies performed in front of them, including the haka- its the first time I've seen Maoris look a bit scared as they faced off against 8 seriously big guys, including Sigmarsson who spent the whole routine taking the piss out of them. Anyway, pedal, pedal, pedal, sometimes fast, sometimes slow and it was over. I sweated a lot so I guess it was doing some good.

3rd Jan went for a run from Rhu to Helensburgh, up Station Road, across the hills at the back, which was more ice skating than running as pic demonstrates, two falls later, one in front of a couple of attractive females and I was out at Hill House and on my way back through Helensburgh to Rhu, 5 miles in aboot 45 mins, jesus, I'm screwed for Nigel Barge 10k