Friday 1 January 2010

1st January 2010

Hi, its the start of 2010 and also, coincidentally, the start of my blog. Not really sure why i'm going to write this, apart from the fact I like the sound of my own voice!, but it should be fun.

As often as I can I'm going to post about my training for triathlon, leading up to a number of races in the summer, those most likely to be:

  • Stirling Sprint Triathlon
  • Lochore Sprint Triathlon
  • Strathclyde Standard Triathlon
  • Gullane Standard Triathlon
  • London Triathlon
  • National Relays
  • A half ironman somewhere warm toward the end of the year if I'm feeling ok, maybe aberfeldy if i can develop biking legs.

Thrown in with these will be some running races, the first of which, Nigel Barge 10k, is on the 9th January in Glasgow, open water swims, Great Scottish at Strathclyde park, and possibly even some cycling events!!!

2009 was a good year for me, with improvements in all the events I entered.

The two main ones being The London Triathlon and my first (and at the time I believed to be only) half ironman in Augusta, USA. At London, I improved my time from 2:25 to 2:17. If I go this year I'd like to go around 2:10 to 2:12.

The plan at Augusta was to just get round, which I did in apprx 5:20- it was tough, extremely hot and humid and i realised pretty soon in to it that the training I had done was nowhere near enough. The heat can be exemplified quite clearly by my burning flesh on the photo on the right, taken at some point during a rather uncomfortable and slow 13.1 miles.

Anyway, lets get on with this year, I'm Ewan aka the Ginger Prince, Glasgow Triathlon Club member ready to do some exercise