Thursday 4 February 2010

31st Jan + 2nd and 3rd Feb 2010

Howdy fans. Completed the last session of a pretty hard week on Sunday with a bike ride on actual roads, outside, in the fresh air. A lot of my detractors will not believe this but it is true, i did cycle outside and I did go up a couple of wee hills (check the Garmin stats below). Photographic evidence will follow when I work out how to get pics from phone to pc (no green screen involved).

Weather was beautiful for the ride on Sunday, blue skies, not much wind and mild compared to what its been like for the past month (and even the last couple of days for that matter). Adorned in my new keep warm kit- thermal tights, arm warmers, thermal mid layer, swanky gore jacket (which Jo PM had the audacity to copy me and buy one, I am her muse i think!), hat etc.. ladeda i headed out all alone and had a fun ride. Still shit at cycling but suppose I can only get better, those gentle slopes of Lanza should be a good test.

All in was about 60k, which for me is a long one, done in about 2.5 hours. I will hope to see some fellow club members and fans join me at some point.

Rest day Monday.

Tuesday. Early morning swim session with the super fast girls and the big Irishman, exclusive Menswear consultant, Brian Forbes.

(Brian was a Tuesday morning swim virgin and was therefore ill prepared for the challenges that faced him that morning. Firstly being chased out of one lane by territorial locals (two middle-aged woman and a man sporting a rather fetching cock duster) for unsportsmanlike behaviou, then having some argy bargy with a little Glaswegian man in the open swim area. All in all a typical introduction to swimming at Scotstoun).

The actual swim set proved a bit easier to negotiate with Brian and I being left in the wake of the girls. Ele, the one armed bandit, even claiming to have passed us while doing single arm drills (we were using both arms!). The main part of the sessions was 600s, tough going, especially with being lapped on numerous occasions, please let it pay off come the summer.

Last night was a killer circuits class at GHK. I was separated from my usual partner in crime, Lewis, for the session and instead had to work hard to avoid total humiliation as my new partner was young and fit and enthusiastic. Ouch, squatting running, burpees, press ups and side planks, one after the other, could barely lift my arms to the wheel as I drove home through the snow afterwards.

This is supposed to be an easy week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment